Sunday, January 6, 2013

December 31, 2012 Bedtime: 10:30

I had big plans to entertain this New Year's Eve; have friends over to meet an old pal from my Ottawa University days, drink, eat and bring in the new year in style.  As the day drew closer though, I became less and less enamoured with having to play nice for one more evening. 

Curt from Colorado drove to town on December 30 from his lovely mountain home in the Rockies outside of Denver.  He and Douggage were students at OU and we became close when I worked there during the mid-80s.  Curt from Colorado and Douggage loved Luke and helped him through those though pre-school and Kindergarten years.

Facebook helped us all reconnect and the guys have offered to put in a new hard wood floor for me next summer.  Curt from Colorado came to check out the current floor, help me pick a new floor, drink my vodka (that's not true, he brought a HUGE bottle from Colorado.  Organic vodka.  Who knew?), and catch up.

We toured Ward Hall at Kansas State where Luke works - saw the Clean Room and had a peak at the nuclear reactor.  Very heady stuff.

It snowed, too.  I have pictures of the winter landscape behind my house.  But it is likely you will never see it.  (I'll keep working to figure out what's wrong, but probably it's me.  Okay, okay, I KNOW it's me and I just keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.  Yep.  That's the definition of insanity.  Welcome to my world.)

I have another great bathroom photo for the blog.  But, you know....can't post it. 

Instead of telling you, I am going to save it until I can post it.  It's that good.  Seriously.  That good.

Thanks for hanging around another year.  Without fanfare, I am going to trudge ahead into 2013 and blog my way through it.  Hopefully, there will be some photos to go along with the whole "photo of the day" theme.  If not, then I'll just change the title!

Hope your new year is filled with surprises.  Life is best lived that way.  Don't you agree?