Saturday, January 5, 2013

December 23, 2012 How Cold Was It?



I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to download a photo onto this stupid page.  Damn it.  Either something is wrong with the website or there is a measure of operator error.

My vote is "operator error".  What do you think?

So, I decided to go ahead and write the entry and add the photos later. 

Way back in the summer, I bought Luke 2 tickets to two Kansas City Chiefs games for his birthday.  He has a buddy who always goes to the games with him and they have brilliant day cheering on the Chiefs.  As you may know, the Chiefs needed a great deal of cheering on this season what with being the worst team in the NFL and all.

The first game was probably the hottest of the year but Luke and his pal soldiered through it.

The second game was on the coldest day known to man.  I know this because Luke's friend called last night and told Luke that he had a sinus infection and was not going to be able to go.  Trying to find a replacement was tough for two reasons:  the Chiefs are the worst team in the universe and it's 2 days before Christmas.

Luke asked me to go with him - or maybe I volunteered, I am not quite sure, but however it happened I ended up at Arrowhead Stadium and spending the day with Luke.  IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

I have a big winter coat that would keep me warm on a tour of the Artic Circle so I was pretty comfortable.  I was a bit taken aback when we got to our seats and had to scrape the frost off of them before we sat down!  We didn't have to worry about paying $8 for a beer, that's for sure.

It was a great game and the Chiefs almost won.  I lasted through the 3rd quarter and had to go to the car.  Here's the big news about leaving the stadium:  we were on the 7th row and had to go up many, many stairs to get to the exit (and the bathroom).  I was able to go up the steps, foot over foot, like a regular person, without stopping!  Thanks to Heartland Physical Therapy. 

Spending the day with Luke doing something he loves was the best.  Even as our children grow older (Luke will never grow up, you heard it here first), we need to make time to spend with them, engaging in an activity that they love.  

The only way the day could have been better would have been if the Chiefs had won.

Thanks to planning ahead, I came home to homemade chicken and noodles!  Better than a Chiefs victory.